Careers at Mercurytide
We are on the lookout for talented people (including graduates) to join our team.
Our team is built up of exceptional people and we value great ability and outstanding aptitude more importantly than knowledge of a particular technology.
At Mercurytide we are committed to building great relationships and creating systems we can be proud of. We believe in creating high quality solutions that provide great results for our clients. We take a proactive approach on technology changes and keep abreast of all new technology platforms.
The wide variety of clients and projects means we get the opportunity to work on sites ranging from simple online brochures, to multi-million pound ecommerce outfits, and even right up to mission critical systems running on redundant high-availability clusters.
Mercurytide has a friendly and informal work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and communication. By sharing knowledge with one another and making the best use of everyones individual skills we constantly produce exceptional results.
We are currently recruiting for several opportunities. To apply please email your CV to Suz or Lois at firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call on 0845 652 6506 with any questions.
We are looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our Edinburgh team.
This is a superb opportunity as you will experience a wide variety of interesting project work and fulfil a vital part of our development process.
Essential experience and skills:
- 2 years minimum commercial experience in software
- Worked with web applications
- Solid experience in an analytical role as a Business Analyst or Consultant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ideally degree educated
- Working on leading edge web based applications as a Business Analyst
- Drawing out customers underlying business requirements and generate documentation that will be the foundation for projects.
- Working on a wide variety of project types across multiple industries including complex management solutions, e-commerce, e-learning, accounting, property management, CRM, CMS, mobile apps.
- Involvement in all levels of a project, including project management.
If you have undertaken a similar role or are looking to take that next step in your career, this could be the position for you.
We're looking for an outstanding developer to join our Edinburgh team.
You need to be an expert in web development, preferably Python and Django, however if you have PHP, RoR or a similar programming languages and have an eagerness to learn quickly then this could be the role for you.
- You would be embarrassed to do a "half-hearted" job
- You're constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
- You're always learning new tools and technologies to improve yourself
- You're good at communicating
- You have a good understanding of browser capabilities and have shared our pain in supporting IE6 over the years
- You know your 403s from your 301s and your PUTs from your POSTs
- You take personal pride in your work
What you'll be doing:
- Writing well-designed, efficient and maintainable Python code
- Designing technical solutions to fulfil client requirements in innovative yet practical ways
- Working with a smart, supportive team
- Working in an environment where your opinion matters and where your ideas and recommendations can make a difference
- We like a laugh, but we're also very serious about getting our work done, and getting results.
- We'd like someone able to get to Edinburgh or willing to relocate as our develpment office is in Leith.
Salary is dependent upon on experience and ability and we issue a short test to applicants to help us assess this.
If you are currently studying and are interested in a career at Mercurytide, then drop us a line and tell us about yourself. Include when you will be available, what you are interested in and examples of any web work you have done to date.
If you would like to apply for any of our recruitment opportunities please email your CV to Suz or Lois at email@example.com or give them a call on 0845 652 6506 with any questions.