Mercurytide are a leading web-system development company focused on crafting beautifully designed software which is tailored to meet our clients’ needs. We believe in forging productive and enduring relationships with our clients, producing solutions which not only address their immediate needs but lay the foundation for long term success. We start this by listening - and that's where you come in.
We are looking for a talented Business Analyst to work with our Sales, Project and Development teams to translate our clients’ high-level concepts into detailed business requirements. You’ll be listening to customers to identify exactly what their needs are, and being an important part of helping to deliver the final solution.
The role will vary from day to day, but primarily focuses on:
- Rapidly gaining a deep understanding of the business challenges our clients are faced with.
- Working with clients to tease out their underlying requirements, with a particular focus on “Why?” rather than “What?”
- Taking responsibility for a clear articulation of the proposition to both the client, and the rest of the team.
- Creating concise and understandable documentation.
- Be actively involved in taking proposed solutions from high level discussion through to detailed final designs.
- Dealing with a wide variety of complex projects across multiple industries.
To be considered for this position, you need to:
- Be detail orientated
- Thrive on bringing clarity into situations which are uncertain and ambiguous
- Have a creative side, able to apply your own ideas to the task at hand
- Have a proven track record of capturing complex concepts in clear, concise and easy to understand documentation
- Have a broad understanding of business processes
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
You will ideally have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a software development environment, preferably in web development.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and e-commerce.
- Top-notch communication skills.
Previous experience as a business analyst is extremely advantageous. The role will particularly suit existing business analysts looking for more responsibility and autonomy, or seeking exposure to project management.
The role has a competitive salary and comes with a range of company benefits and perks (including health insurance, a great pension scheme, free fruit, cycle-to-work scheme, regular social events, and a Pizza Friday whenever we launch successful projects).
Does this role fit you? Apply now!
Let's start the conversation and see if we're a fit for you and you're a fit for us. Fill out the simple form below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short letter describing why you'd be a great fit for us here at Mercurytide. We'll take a look and come back to you.