Software Project Manager
Mercurytide is a leading web development company focused on producing brilliantly designed bespoke software that is tailored to meet our clients’ needs. We believe in forging long-term relationships with our clients, founded on a deep understanding of their business and delivering successful projects that provide outstanding return on investment.
That’s where you come in. We are looking for a talented Project Manager to help co-ordinate our business analyst, development and testing teams to reliably complete software projects to a high standard, on time and on budget. More than this, we’re looking for someone able to really understand our clients’ businesses and ensure that projects deliver value.
This is an interesting and exciting role for someone keen to develop their project management skills by handling a wide variety of complex projects across multiple industries.
The role will vary from day to day, but primarily focuses on:
- Rapidly gaining a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and the challenges each project addresses.
- Working with our clients and business analysts to ensure the requirements for each project are robust and accurate
- Taking estimates from the team and translating these into project plans
- Overseeing projects as they move through the design, development, test, debug and delivery cycle, and minimising disruptions by effectively handling issues as they arise
- Regularly communicating progress to clients, and assisting with the handover and setup of projects prior to a final release.
To be considered for this position you need:
- To be detail orientated
- To be able to effectively prioritise a frequently shifting workload
- The resilience to solve problems and make decisions under pressure
- A proven ability to inspire and motivate development and testing teams to deliver projects
- Top-notch communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in a software development environment, preferably in web development.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a project manager (formal project management qualifications such as Prince2, SCRUM, PMP, etc, are favoured but not required).
- Some knowledge of how web systems work. Knowing your way around a web-page (HTML & CSS) is great, with more in-depth skills (SQL, Python, PHP, etc) considered a big plus
This role is based in our Edinburgh office, so you should be in the area or willing to relocate. Salary is very competitive, but is dependent on ability and experience and we issue a short test as part of the application process to help us assess this. Mercurytide offer a range of benefits, including generous pension contributions, private health insurance, and regular social events, among others.
Does this role fit you? Apply now!
Let's start the conversation and see if we're a fit for you and you're a fit for us. Fill out the simple form below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short letter describing why you'd be a great fit for us here at Mercurytide. We'll take a look and come back to you.