Bespoke business software
Software development for businesses allows you to create new opportunities and efficiencies within your business.
You what a system that:
- Reduces costs, it’s intuitive, easy to use.
- Frees up time, business needs are thought through to create processes designed to allow jobs to be automated or performed quickly.
- Expands your capabilities, gives your business the unique advantage over competitors.
- Opens up opportunities, opens up possibilities for further expansion.
- Worries about the future, you can’t envisage today exactly where you will be tomorrow. However your system should expect changes, it should be built to grow with you – not hold you back.
That’s what you want, but how do you make sure it happens?
Mercurytide’s software development process. It’s ISO:9001 quality accredited to help us create business software solutions that deliver results.
It starts off with Business requirements. They capture what you do, what your business needs, why you do it and what your expectations on the future are too. It’s an incredibly valuable document on what your business needs your software to achieve for you.
That document alone doesn’t ensure you’re getting a system that delivers. The next stage is system design. We are going to challenge everything. The business requirements document tells us your processes, how you would like those processes to work. But we will have other idea’s drawn from our extensive experience creating award winning software, ideas on how to improve through well designed processes and interfaces.
We’re going to go through a design journey with you:
- Workshops and wireframes. Challenge how we can leap frog pre-conserved concepts and makes a system that leads users through their needs.
- Graphical design. Create a design that’s intuitive, built so that it’s easy for the eye to see what’s important and easy to perform actions without the need to be IT savvy!
- Confirmation of design. Pictures are great, but you don’t really know how it’s going to work until you can play with it. What if could you play with it before you actually build it. Interactive HTML allows us to do that. We built the front end, the portal interfaces and plug in a random data generating database that makes it look like it works. When we say ‘looks’ we mean that the listing screen on the system is a random list that changes every time you refresh the page, but it lets you click into the add and edit options to see what happens when you click to perform an action.
This process will deliver a successful design, which your users have been party to designing but it’s been led by experts who create award winning designs.
Technical build and testing
Then the technical software build & testing. How do we ensure quality during the software build phase?
- Technical design – we think through the underlying architecture structure and planning before we write code. Everything has to be developed to be scalable while meeting the current requirements.
- Peer review – senior developers review the technical design and then we review every line of code we write. We make sure the code reaches our standards, standards that help make sure there are no hacky practices or difficult to maintain code. You need a system that is not reliant on the original developers to maintain or amend. It’s got to be readable and maintainable code so you can expand it.
- Automated unit testing – we automate programmatic level testing for each individual operation. So that when you need changes to the system we can identify knock-on effects of our codes changes while we are coding – fewer bugs, less time testing and fixing.
- Test automation – different from unit testing in that we automate testing of the system as a whole. Repeatable tests that are automated so that when you want additions to your software we can re-test the wider software solution automatically. We use automation to help deliver rock solid business software solution.
- Cloud hosting & managed operations services. If your system goes offline a 2 am in the morning, your account manager is likely to be in bed! However, you will have a dedicated 24 / 7 team monitoring your system and ready to jump on issues.
Reaping the benefits of bespoke business software
We develop bespoke business software that:
- Reduce costs and frees up time through better design.
- Opens up future opportunities – the software is designed for a business that will grow and change. We know you’re always evolving and we have built in the tools to make this easier and will deliver software that’s automatically tested and retested.
- Has quality built in. Technically designed, well-written code that is has been created for long term maintenance.
Who we have helped
Just some of the clients we've helped...
See how we crafted a revolutionary mobile recycle system in 32 days across 450 O2 stores.
See how we created a solution to form the foundation of company operations and streamline staff activities
See how we improved usability, productivity and inbound enquiries at Faithful+Gould
Supercharge your business
Get in touch and our team will be happy to discuss the options with you